Our survey of Doctor Who baddies continues with those kings of the potato people themselves! Join Deb, Erika, Liz, and Tansy as we chat about Sontarans. We all rewatched “The Sontaran Stratagem” and “The Poison Sky” as a jumping-off point for this conversation, but fear not classic Who fans, there’s plenty discussion of their origins and development throughout the series (and even Big Finish)!
What do you think of these (usually) stocky, militaristic foes? Let us know in the comments!
While you’re commenting, please vote! We’re going to try our hands at an audio commentary. Let us know which one of these stories you think we should do. (Or let us know on Twitter using #VerityVotes.)
- The Gunfighters
- The Visitation
- Black Orchid
- Paradise Towers
- Father’s Day
- The Curse of the Black Spot
[Tansy note: obviously Paradise Towers is the best option here. RED KANGS RED KANGS RED KANGS ARE BEST.]
PLUS, feel free to ask us any Doctor Who-related questions you might have. We’ll start covering those in future Extras! (Again, you can also ask on Twitter, using #AskVerity.)
- Tansy loves Doctor Who Magazine, and not just because it told her Richard Marson is writing a biography of Verity Lambert! She also raves about Jacqueline Rayner’s Relative Dimensions column about family and fandom.
- Erika is amazed and inspired by Radio Free Skaro‘s ability to stay fresh after nearly 8 years of podcasting!
- Liz is amused that Matt Smith will be in the new Terminator movie!
- Deb laughed out loud for five straight minutes at the promo for The Time Run!
Download or listen now (runtime 1:25:15)