I don’t do resolutions in the traditional sense. I’m a big fan of small achievable goals, and they never sound all that impressive when you lay them out. Managing to achieve so many of last year’s ‘wishlist’ though makes me keen to do it again.
This then, speaking from the very biased position of 2 January, is a list of things I expect or want to have happen in 2010. I think it’s going to be a pretty good year.
1. Finish Cabaret of Monsters (book 2) and Saturnalia (book 3) and submit them on deadline.
2. Complete a first draft of one other novel
3. Decide on what project I want to work on after Creature Court and put a proposal together.
4. Get Raeli through her first year of full time school. To this end, institute earlier tea & earlier bedtime for Raeli (starting the bedtime process at 8pm results in a good night going to sleep at 9pm, it’s not good enough)
5. Get Jem into her own room and reorganise study at other end of house.
6. Complete two quilts (you know who you are)
7. Launch Power and Majesty in June, and do my best to contribute to & support the publicity for the book.
8. Aussiecon in September!
9. Launch Cabaret of Monsters in December (subject to publishing dates staying the same) and do my best to contribute to & support the publicity for the book.
10. Read 120 books throughout 2010.
EDIT: A couple of projects/challenges I forgot about: to podcast Siren Beat, and to read all of Joanna Russ’s published books.